SailNet Community - View Single Post - First Solo
Thread: First Solo
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007
Galley Goddess

sailhagg is on a distinguished road
SailorPam, I love the pic's in your site! I'm quite familiar with 'bobbing' we do that at Lake Shasta, with the same hand cooler! We're really sick, we have two boats. The wakeboard boat goes to Shasta for the season and we go once a month for about 10 days. I love to hydrofoil and that's a great lake for it.

Really nice boat (love the name) and the one pic sure looks like a party! Wish I'd been there... I really enjoyed the pictures you have. As a matter of fact I like them soooooo much that I added you to my 'blogroll'. Maybe some of my readers will come in.

Sorry you're having to lay up for winter. We're stalling and hoping the weather will turn enough that we can get in a few more trips. Although, it was pretty cold last night. We're in Portland just east of the I-5 bridge going into Vancouver, WA. We have quite a few bridges. I just love it when "they" have to open one for me. I get a sick pleasure out of blasting that horn at them....

Melrna, I was thinking about the jump in boat sizes you had; 22 to 33?? Holy Moly! I'll bet the first time at the helm was pretty intense. I can't imagine an increase of that size all at once. I like Hunters although I've never sailed on one. My hubby wanted to get 40-45 feet of blue-water when we moved up, I fought hard for something smaller. We bought 30' of off-shore. Which is great for where we're boating right now. Oddly enough, he agrees now that we made a good move for size and cost.

Melrna, you said you have a blog? What's the address? I keep trying to find lady sailor blogs but can't. SailorPam has a nice spot, I'd like to see yours. Thanks!

So, come on girlies...who else has a story? Go away guys!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook