SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gentlemen... your most embarassing sailing moment if you please.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
We were chartering on a Hylas 46 in the Virgin Islands and had anchored in a beautiful little bay. I was messing around with friends on deck and slipped and knew I was going overboard so I launched myself further out from the boat so I wouldn't hit anything on the way down. Unfortunately, the side of my head hit the water first and I felt immediate pain in my eardrum. Embarrassed and getting back on board, I thought I had water jammed in my inner ear so I suggested that my wife pour in some hydrogen peroxide to bubble it away. She did so...and it was then I found out I had a punctured ear drum as the hydrogen peroxide ran down through my ear and into my throat!! Owwwwww....I hate it when that happens!!
No more diving that trip!! Twenty years later my friends still re-enact my spectacular dive!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook