SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mast height/Draft - What limitations will I have?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by labatt View Post
We actually looked at that Taswell 49 yesterday and will be looking at it again today. It was our second choice boat of what we've seen. We looked at Cam's boat, and it was really nice (and didn't seem to have the issues that our broker told us Tayana's are known for), but I didn't like walking through the stays the way they were organized. We also looked at a Bristol 56 (beautiful, but completely varnished and there is a LOT of brightwork - and we want to sail). We also looked at a Passport 47, but the chart table was small and difficult to use. Right now, we're narrowed down to the Taswell 49 and the HR 53.
Go with the T, then. I have been on them. Nice boats. Well built. Every one of them is a little bit different, though. My dock neighbor was very instrumental in their design layout and import to the US... though I have no idea how many he brought over. On the positive side, each one is personalized. On the negative side, some of the owners might have put things in without considering access. However, it is a top notch, go anywhere boat.

The HR is too. I was on one or two at the boat show some years back. It is actually my wife's favorite boat. However, my comment was: Why buy a go everywhere-on-it boat if you can't go everywhere-on-it (draft)??

Think about that as you narrow down your purchase. If you are going to consider tubs with that kind of draft, I woud also reccomend a Hylas 54 and Mason 54. THe Mason is absolutely my favorite boat.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook