SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis boat show impressions
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamlicotraveler View Post

I wanted to go on the Catalinas. For some reason they had a huckster presentation. They had a "security" person who wouldn't let anyone go on the Catalinas without wearing a Catalina sticker that would identify your "sales region" to the salesmen on the boats. They obviously were pushing a little too hard to sell boats, not just show them. I asked if I could go on the boats without a sticker since I didn't have any plans to buy one and was told by the lady at the desk that they had asked her to give a sticker to everyone so the salesman could know. So I moved on. Cruising Dad..maybe you should pass that on. It was more like a time-sharing sales approach....
That is interesting. That is probably more the local dealer than Catalina... my guess. I have crawled all over those boats, keemah, ft lauderdale, tampa, etc... and never had anyone give me a "sticker". THat has always been one of the selling points of the boats.

My bet is Frank, Gerry or Sharon had nothing to do with that. THat was a sales gimmick with the dealer in Annapolis.. my guess. Sorry you did not get to see the best boats in the show. Your loss (smile..HAHA, just kidding).

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook