SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard, class, and privilege
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Rev and Chris, both have great points. When it comes down to it, its really whats in your own vision and taste that matters. I couldn't care less about the state of affairs of the state, if you know what I mean. I don't care about the latest fashion, or the latest gadgets, I have them now, but only because of the environment I live in. I am perfectly happy with next to nothing. This may contradict my earlier thread about being attached to land, but I don't think so. Restriction of space and resource has a lot to do with it. Ya gotta know what you want and follow that dream. There will always be setbacks that make you question what you are doing. The more changes you make, and the more drastic they are, the more you will question your reasoning and sanity. But its just a matter of fear of the unknown. My life is in a huge state of flux right now and I question what I am doing everyday. But, like a friend on here and I have discussed, I am happy at work and on my boat, everything else seems like a pain in the ass.

Vaya con Dios
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook