SailNet Community - View Single Post - Still searching......
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007
SENIOR CHIEF

USCGRET1990 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveshredder View Post
I really hope this post is understandable, I feel like I've been ramblin on.

I posted here awhile ago and am still looking for a small sea worthy boat for under 10k hopefully a bit less so I can afford upgrades. I've seen a few Hunters in the 25' range and am not convinced of the quality. Basically I want a boat that is good for the outer Bahamas(Abacos/Eleuthera) from Florida. I am located in Jacksonville and have looked extensivly online and a little at the marina's and plan on visiting many more.

What resources are good online(if any), ive looked at sailboatlistings.com, boattrader, usedboats.com, boats.com, and yachtworld.com. I feel like the online search is a waste.

Also when it comes to making an offer I obviously want to get the seller's bottom line, so is an offer 3.9k on an asking price 6.1K reasonable?

Please anyone with sound advice and knows of any good deals or offers from Georgia to South Central Florida please let me know.

This will be my first purchase and I dont want to rush into it, but I am anxious to get out there again, this time with me as the skipper.
My friend, people pretty much just give away sailboats on eBay. It's best to be able to go see and check out any interesting vessels.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook