SailNet Community - View Single Post - I think I've been snookered
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoffaLives View Post

The whole point to this thread however (for me) was about separating fact from fiction about the lifestyle of the cruiser. And nobody told me about the 15 grand I would have to cough up if a caught a rope on a prop.
How could you or anyboby else know that you would one day run over a dock line, let alone know it would be a $15,000 ticket

That would be like Mac & Muffy Graham, knowing in 1964 that their life long sailing dream would end in their murder on a desert island in the South Pacific in 1974.

The fact is, you could have just as easy had $15,000.00 in unexpected damages done to your house that was not covered by your homeowners policy

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook