SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many women here own their own boat?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014
Admiral

janice142 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Re: How many women here own their own boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgoessailing View Post
It was definitely risky and if it weren't for the full support of my family, I wouldn't have done it. Neither of us could do it entirely on our own and we've come up with some creative ways of making enough money to pay the boat together. Without risk there is less chance for reward, right?
Be VERY careful of your funds and your labor when involved in this boat girlgoessailing. I have seen more than one relationship hit the rocks and the fellow, well, he owns the boat. It says so on the title.

The girl works hard, makes the boat "their home to sail the Caribbean" and then when the pressure is on and things are nearing completion the man gets scared (my theory) and picks a multitude of fights with worker girl. She leaves.

He settles down now that expectations and all those promises he made are gone... then he finds the Princess Babe who takes the place of his former partner.

Of course that relationship fails too -- Princess doesn't want to actually break her nails or anything like that! ...

So owner wishes for original gal. In the meantime, she's moved on. Less money but far wiser.

Be very careful. Of course one hopes this doesn't happen to you. Just be aware that statistically, you're in a precarious position. I do wish you well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook