SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Sale
Thread: Boat Sale
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007

DrB will become famous soon enough
Interesting....

Kwaltersmi,

I learn something new everyday. From my real estate transactions, I always thought that once a tentative deal was made (offer/deposit accepted), the ability to show a house was heavily frowned upon. I know all sorts of things can happen (buyer can't get financing, buyer can't sell exisiting property, etc.) but that usually is stipulated in the offer and the realtor and seller know this. I am surprised that even after an offer is accepted, a realtor still shows a property, even if the disclosure statement about it already having an accepted offer made.

I hope that I didn't imply that I think that the Seller, in this case the OP, should take his boat off the market. My only point was that he shouldn't actively show it. If someone is interested, the seller should take their info and say that an offer and deposit for the boat has been accepted, but if the deal falls through, he'll recontact them.

EDITED: I saw both posts TB and Kwaltersmi and change my tune a little. If showing a piece of property after an offer/deposit has been accepted to other interested buyers is the norm for the real estate industry, I guess it is okay. I personally wouldn't do it.

DrB

Last edited by DrB; 10-10-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook