The real problem with the leaking muffler isn't water or CO2, but CO, which will kill you stone cold dead. You should probably also have a CO detector installed on your boat. Cheap insurance against getting CO poisoning.
Common symptoms of CO poisoning:
Low levels of carbon monoxide poisoning can be confused with flu symptoms, food poisoning or other illnesses and can have a long term health risk if left unattended. Some of the symptoms are the following.
Moderate levels of CO exposure can cause death if the following symptoms persist for a long measure of time.
- Shortness of breath
- Mild nausea
- Mild headaches
High levels of CO can be fatal causing death within minutes.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)
If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.