SailNet Community - View Single Post - Inspection Help in Georgetown MD
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007

dworkman is on a distinguished road
Inspection Help in Georgetown MD

Hello All! What a great forum, thanks to all the contributors for the endless advice and reading material, I am soaking it up as I look to purchase a new cruising boat.

My wife and I will be sailing the Caribbean for 7 months this winter and spring. We are currently in CO and are looking at 38 FT Cats as our boat of choice.

We have located a potential R&C 3800 in Georgetown MD that may be a good boat, but we'd like to have it inspected by either a reputable surveyor, or my a forum member who knows their stuff, before we make travel plans to see it.

The broker has informed us of about $15k of work that needs to be done before she is ready to voyage, so we know some things will be needed, but don't want to be caught off guard by anything major.

There is currently an offer on the boat, so this may become a moot point, but if there is anyone on the forum who would be willing to do a formal inspection or knows (or is) a reputable surveyor in the area that may do an inspection and report back to us, we would very much appreciate the suggestion.

The boat can be located on YachtWorld with a Search for "Caine" up to 38FT. (I cannot post the link as this is my first post).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook