View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007

willindvilleva is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121Guy View Post
Stem and psych and Will,

Wish you both well on your purchases.

Stm,

My advice to you from someone has walked in your shoes.....stick with one that is several years old and get a good survey. I don't place much value in the warranty on the newer boats as you are ultimately relying on the factory. Your warranty is with them, not the dealer. Get one that already has been vetted if you can.

7psych,

We were owners of a Tartan before our current C&C 121. She was a Tartan 33. Which old Tartan are you moving from?

Are you purchasing from a company owned dealer?

Are you trading the old one, or selling privately?

The 3400 looks like a fine boat and the keel centerboard sure give you options. I looked one of the new ones with the trough boom over well this summer. It was commissioned in the marina we were in. I really liked the spar but wasn't too crazy about the boom. Thought the spar was well done but couldn't justify the look, cost and finish of the trough boom versus an aluminum boom with lazy jacks / stackpak. Have you asked what the price difference might be? Have you sailed one with the keel centerboard and new style rig?

Will,

I admire your straightforwardness. Do you work at a company owned dealership or is it an independent?

How many new Tartans and C&C's have you sold and for how long?

What kind of warranty issues have you had to deal with?

Best wishes to you all.

Just wanted to answer a your questions, First of all I am an Independent Dealer for Virginia and North Carolina. Next, I am a new dealer and have been in business for 1.5 years approximately. I have sold two 3400's to date many brokerage boats. I have successfully worked through 4 different warranty issues and am currently working on the 5th.

I have been in the Marine industry for 20 plus years and have extensive sailing back ground.

thank you for the opportunity to join this discussion and I sincerely hope that we can work together put out this wild fire! Tartan Yachts are and continue to be a quality built boat!

Will
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook