SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is REALLY up at Sailnet?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002

FTHOMSON is on a distinguished road
What is REALLY up at Sailnet?

Sam...

I appreciate Sailnet, believe me you have no idea how much. A little background: I''m a civilian contractor working for a peacekeeping mission in the middle east. My address is an armed forces post office. My boat is currently moored in Ashkelon, Israel. I purchased it in Cyprus and sailed it over (Ashkelon is the nearest port). I manage to get into Israel every couple of weeks. If anyone gives you grief about delays, they gotta try buying parts outside the US. :-)
In the past eighteen months, I have ordered everything I have needed to repair/upgrade my sailboat. Autopilots (yes, TWO), refrigeration, GPS/Chart Plotter, harnesses, tethers, Freedom 15 inverter, books, etc... all thru Sailnet with zero problems. The only things I didn''t get were new batteries and bottom paint and then only because of the restrictions on what you can and cannot mail.
I allotted two years to get the sailboat ready to go but thanks to the great service from Sailnet, I''m finished eleven months early. Next year I start that Westward beat.

-Frederick Thomson
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook