SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mast height/Draft - What limitations will I have?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
John - Yes, we've given a lot of thought to the list, and that list only represents about half of our interests. We have a much bigger list that we use when we're doing a walk through of a boat.

Yes, the short draft was listed as a "must have" on the list, however that's the reason I kicked off this thread. We're reconsidering that as a primary requirement.

With regards to the decks, I'll have to ask about what they were doing in 2000. I'm surprised to hear they were using a chopper gun when you look at the quality of everything else!

Good point on equipping the tender properly. My son wants me to get one with a console! I'd rather spend my money elsewhere, but flares and GPS might not be a bad idea. I'd have to get a lockable box for the stuff though.

Based on the research we've done thus far, it looks like the east coast of the US and the Bahamas might be our only major issues. We won't be able to gunkhole with it.

I'm so back and forth with making this decision! I'm definitely not sold on it yet.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook