SailNet Community - View Single Post - Modern Hull forms and Motion Comfort
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Giulietta,

That is a very good suggestion. While I don't necessarily agree with all of Jeff's conclusions and assertions, I believe they are well explained and very helpful -- deserving of ready access by those who are interested in this topic.

Which brings up another suggestion that I have been meaning to make: Could the moderators create a new forum subject heading for discussion of "SailBoat Design and Construction"? Generally folks seem to post these topics either under "Buying a Boat" or "General Discussion", but these discussions deserve a category of their own. Buying a Boat is probably the best fit right now, but getting into technical discussions like this one is not really the same as trying to help someone, whether neophyte or old salt, find "the right boat".

I'm aware that there are other forums on the Internet that specialize in boat design, but Sailnet seems to have quite a few members with a lot of expertise and experience in this subject (Jeff H, Giulietta, Robert Gainer, Grampus (?), just to name a few). Not everyone is interested in this topic, but for those of us who are it would be nice to keep some of these discussions "in-house" here at Sailnet under their own dedicated topic heading.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook