SailNet Community - View Single Post - Blue Water!!!blue Water!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrtownsend View Post
There are two separate issues here. Blue water is the holy grail of all of us dreaming about getting out there. I will make a call when I get 20' over the bow, but it will be one of my buddies to say "THE DREAM IS ON!!!"

The second issue is soiling your pants and calling for help. I agree with USCGRET990 on this second part. There are people who are unprepared that are getting out there and panicking. I still steam about the guys that got help from the Navy in the mid-Atlantic earlier this year. It was nice they got help and lived, but they should not have been out there.

So, USCGRET1990, perhaps you're stirring the pot to start a thread. However, some of us haven't yet got out there but will. I will be prepared and I might soil my pants but nobody but me and my pants will know.
Cheers,
TrT
They needed help because they were neither trained or mentally prepared to sail ('Sail' is the key word here) under less then idealistic conditions. They really needed an old sea dog to hold their collective hands and teach them on how to survive when the winds and seas start kicking up and doing a fandango.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook