SailNet Community - View Single Post - narrowed list - need valued input
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2002

windship2 is on a distinguished road
narrowed list - need valued input

namaste02,
Good morning.
I,myself,aren''t really sure about the exact construction of most of the Endeavour line but I do know many people do take their E''s out to sea and across oceans without failure all the time.
Is the build quality that of a Hallberg? I don''t know...Probably not.Is the build quality surperior to Catalina,Hunter,Jeneau,Pearson or Tartan?Mine is.
I own the thirty-two.The hull is thickly laid-up with a half inch at the sheer three quarter inch at the turn of the bildge and progressivly thicker as you go down to the ''garboard'' area.Never a blister...ever.
My rudder is just as tight as the day she was built.She washed up on shore during hurricane Bob back in ''92 and the only dammage was to gelcoat.No delamination. Still to this day.
The interior has a four piece liner with each section glassed in sepretly and stops at the bridge deck bulkhead.The engine beds being glassed to the hull and not to a liner.The liner stops at the setee backs and the rest of the interior is built with a generious amoumt of teak and very pleasant if I might add.Teak and holly sole.
Bulkheads are fully glassed to the hull before liner install.
Storage is generous.
Stress cracks on deck are minimal...not even an issue.
My hull to deck joint has never leaked...not one drop and the 5200 used for bedding is still soft and strechy.
There''s more to say, but thats enough.
A high quality boat? Mabey not. I''m not an expert.
A low quality boat? Not even close.
Hope this helps,

Dennis
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook