SailNet Community - View Single Post - East Lake Erie sailors - can we have our water back?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007

garymcg is on a distinguished road
East Lake Erie sailors - can we have our water back?

Greetings to all sailors at the east end of Lake Erie.

Sometime between last night and late this morning you folks at the other end of the lake apparently "borrowed" all of the water from our end of the lake. If you would be so kind as to return it ASAP before I'm aground dockside I would greatly appreciate it. I should add that I would come down and retrieve it myself, but seeing as the dock is about 5 feet above my decks and that I didn't have the foresight to install a ladder I think I'll have to wait awhile.

We know you folks to be a generous sort, but please, we only want OUR water back; you must be finished surfing on it or whatever it is you're doing by now. Please don't send us your water as well.

A warning to you Canadians: it also seems that some of you may have "borrowed" some of our American water. This must be in violation of various international treaties. I would be very careful if I were this may result in us sending uniformed personnel to pay you a visit to "spread democracy" to you folks if this sort of nonsense keeps up.

Thanks for your cooperation

A guy in Michigan.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook