SailNet Community - View Single Post - Planning for the future
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007
No I dont remember

Raggbagger is on a distinguished road
Hi GulfCoast ,
Although I am completely unfamiliar with the boat you are talking about . I think a better question may be , how far offshore can you safely go ? Bare in mind that people have crossed the Atlantic in row boats , and circumnavigations have been done in smaller craft than 24ft . I'm sorry I have no experience with the Corsair to share with you . However , its more likely that a skipper will get the boat in trouble than vice versa . Have you read the boat reviews ? Lots of people are asking this type of question and the response is usually very similar . How much sailing experience do you have ? If not much , then get some by what ever means you can .Join a club , volunteer at your local marina , put an add for crew on the net .

I dont want to insult you , or suggest that your dream is unreasonable , its not and you should go for it . But back to question #1 . On a week with flat seas with wind dead at your back and no chance that will change till you get to FL , no tide , no current , no other boats in the Gulf , no oil rigs or platforms . No debris in the water I guess an inflatable duck with a kite should be safe enough to make it .

Its not the boat , its the one sailing it that makes it safe .