SailNet Community - View Single Post - Planning for the future

View Single Post
post #2 of Old 10-21-2007
Raggbagger
No I dont remember

Hi GulfCoast ,
Although I am completely unfamiliar with the boat you are talking about . I think a better question may be , how far offshore can you safely go ? Bare in mind that people have crossed the Atlantic in row boats , and circumnavigations have been done in smaller craft than 24ft . I'm sorry I have no experience with the Corsair to share with you . However , its more likely that a skipper will get the boat in trouble than vice versa . Have you read the boat reviews ? Lots of people are asking this type of question and the response is usually very similar . How much sailing experience do you have ? If not much , then get some by what ever means you can .Join a club , volunteer at your local marina , put an add for crew on the net .

I dont want to insult you , or suggest that your dream is unreasonable , its not and you should go for it . But back to question #1 . On a week with flat seas with wind dead at your back and no chance that will change till you get to FL , no tide , no current , no other boats in the Gulf , no oil rigs or platforms . No debris in the water I guess an inflatable duck with a kite should be safe enough to make it .

Its not the boat , its the one sailing it that makes it safe .

Its hard trying to nap with that bilge pump alarm going off all the time
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome