SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sold my boat...
Thread: Sold my boat...
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014

night0wl is on a distinguished road
Re: Sold my boat...

Brian - I never wanted to pry...but glad that you've shared with everyone. Full recovery ahead...and take the time to make it a full recovery. No shortcuts.

With regards to a boat...I really really think you should consider a catamaran. Are you planning to go brand new boat?

Much as I love the sailing I do on our mono, the benefits of a catamaran are just overwhelming and more and more apparent by the day. Especially with a family. Think about all the space to have the kids do homework/classwork during a passage....sailing flat. Lots of room above decks as a launchpad for an active family life.

Sure they dont sail upwind worth a damn...but my god, how much fun is beating to weather anyway? Given modern life and weather forecasting, I really think cats are the way to go. Yes, the cost and maintenance are higher...but at this point, I think you realize how fleeting health and life can be....do it well.

as for pitchpoling, I really think that risk is more than made up for by being able to outrun a storm!

Last edited by night0wl; 08-16-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook