SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Out - I just looked at the website for this year's Rally - and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. So - the rally is still open and "free" to complete greenhorns, but now you have to pay at least $250 to get any of the "benefits"?

Quote:
But, if you want to be able to purchase a Salty Dawg Burgee (available only to members with boats who are currently doing the Rally or have done the Rally) that will entitle you to all of the benefits, discounts and services that comes with the flag as well as all of the free benefits given by the sponsors, you can join as a member.
Safety and experience don't really matter - but mugs and skipper bags will cost you what you could have put into that rudder inspection.

I just have to shake my head. Oh well, there's always the waiver:

Quote:
I recognize that off-shore cruising is an inherently dangerous activity. The risks include injury, loss of property, loss of life. As captain and/or crew on a vessel making an ocean passage, I must have appropriate training and experience.
I certify that I am engaging in this activity understanding the risks and agree that neither the Salty Dawg Rally, nor any of the
organizers, officers, agents or volunteers thereof have or shall have any liability of any nature for any loss, damage, cost or
injury (including death) arising out of my participation in the Salty Dawg Rally, the ocean crossing or any event related
thereto.

I agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless the Salty Dawg Rally, the organizers, officers, agents and volunteers from and
against any claim or liability arising out of my participation in the rally and related events with respect to myself, my crew, my
boat, any other participant or person who may make a claim against the Salty Dawg Rally related to the rally.
I accept the jurisdiction of the Salty Dawg Rally with respect to eligibility, disqualification, or awards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook