SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard boats for the PNW
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007
Helms ALee!

tenuki will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul77 View Post
If you go the charter route, would highly recommend Windworks sailing, have been a member there for going on 7 years. They have a nice variety of boats, and also social activities.

Also, legal liveaboard moorage can be hard to come by here due to DNR restrictions. The waiting list for regular moorage can be long enough (most places longer than your estimated tenure aboard), though spots do open up in the winter.
I second Windworks, I sailed out of there for a few years before buying this year. top notch organization IMHO.

Everette is about the only easy live aboard solution around here (I won't comment on that marina's other, um, aspects), but if you look around you can often find live aboard moorage on lake union for a premium, but hey, what a darn great location....

btw, if you are military or ex-military you can get cheaper moorage at the navel base in Everette, don't know about if they allow live aboards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook