SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Uhh, you understand the difference between "FREE", and a $1500 'Entry Fee', I presume? :-)
At least this bit of the argument is becoming less of an issue. "FREE" no more. You definitely get what you pay for, eh?

Back in March, I had high hopes that it wouldn't JUST be a money grab:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I was checking in to see how the SDR was progressing with their board review of the rescue debacle - and didn't see anything. However, they are looking for more cash!

The Salty Dawg Rally

Quote:
SALTY DAWG RALLY – SUPPORTERS AND MEMBERSHIPS
A note for all Salty Dawgs from rally founders Linda and Bill Knowles, s/v Sapphire:

We would like to thank all the current and past Salty Dawgs, our sponsors, volunteers and everyone who has contributed to the success of the Salty Dawg Rally. We have grown beyond our wildest dreams. We want to make sure the Rally keeps growing, but with growth also comes increased workloads and operating expenses. Our sponsors and many Dawgs have donated lots of benefits to those who have become Dawgs but not enough money to cover the growing expenses...
Obviously, I'm fine with their becoming more like the WCC rallies if they also up the ante on the safety side accordingly.

Maybe that's what their board is really getting at after last year. They're just not specifically laying that out yet. Nothing good is really free, right?
Oh well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-19-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook