SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much draft ?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007

gonesailin40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Gonesailing....with all due respect...if at this stage you don't know the answer to your questions, you need a little more effort, and knowledge before you go on something like this.

Please read more, learn more and then enquire about the boat...You will realize, that the more you know, the more the right boat seems to present it self in fron of you...

At this stage your question sounds like this:

I want to fly around the world in a plane, should it be red or white?

Please, as I said, no disrespect.
I was raised sailing. First a venture, then a hunter, the a cal, then a sunfish, then an O'day, then a scorpion , now a san juan, being from southern Louisiana I also have experince in jon boats, go devils, canoes, pirogues, and upside down garbarge can lids(the round ones with handles on th side) when the streets would flood. I learned to use a sextant before I learned to drive a car, I still question my driving ability.
As far as effort is concerned I own and have read many books, watched dvd's, and read all the magazines.

I was hoping for a little insight on draft. If you take all the books I have read and combine the information you will find that every boat is good enough and no boat is good enough. Thought someone might have something to say that might give me a different point of view to consider.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook