SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much draft ?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonesailin40 View Post
What do you sail? I see it says Catalina 400 technical something at the end of your post. Is that what you sail? Cause if thats what you chose to spend all that money on, then you can not possibly know much about passage making.
Hmm, if you are interested in my offshore experience, I will be happy to point you to the many threads here, cruisers forum, or you can read Mainsheet which is the Catalina Owners Publication.

By reading your first post, which did not have a lot of information in it, I was under the assumption that you did not know much about sailing. That is why I posted what I did. I believe Giu was under the same impression... as were other members. As such, we responded the way that we did. It was a nice response to the information provided. It was not meant to be condescending. The only person doing the attacking here is you. You could have simply said that you did have sailing experience, where you wanted to go, a little background, etc... and it would go a LONG WAY to helping us give you good information back.

You are welcome to stick around, or you can go. But if you stick around you can be a lot more friendly, period.

- CD

Catalina 400 Technical Editor AND Sailnet Moderator

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook