SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much draft ?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by labatt View Post
Out of curiosity (and I'm sure I'll get flamed here, but it's turning cold here in the Northeast so I can use some heat )... I posted almost the exact same question last week (and it was even linked to here) and none of you jumped on me the same way you jumped on gonesailin...? Everyone answered my questions thoughtfully and gave me an honest opinion. With gonesailin people seem to be questioning his goal instead of answering his question... IM (very)HO, I actually could interpret some of the comments as inflammatory and not representative of how caring this group actually is. OK... come run me off my soapbox now!!!! I'm ready!
I know your sailing experience. To the best of my knowledge, I have never spoken to him. In other words, I have some background on you. We have talked before.

I am not sure which way I came across like 'that', honestly. It was not my intention. I traditionally word my phrases carefully. SHort of photoshopping a few people here, I go out of my way not to ruffle feathers - even whien I probably have the right to do so.

I ASSUMED, incorrectly I guess, that he had little/no sailing experience and wanted to sail around the world in a shallow draft boat. I could not count the number of times I have had people that have never set foot on a boat come to me about buying a Valiant to circle the globe a couple of times. Now, is their dream stupid. No. Hell no. That is what it is all about. But MANY people dream of doing it and end up getting the wrong boat - only to find out they would have been happier with a Catalina (for example) cruising North America or South America or the inbetween in comfort. THey end up frustrated and broke.

I personally would rather keep them around and invite them over for a sunset drink of my tub.

I cannot speak for everyone, but only for me. I hope that answers your question.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook