SailNet Community - View Single Post - We're getting hosed
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
we had a couple of air cooled diesel tractor when I was a kid. Deutz. Great product, worked well. The airflow volume was tremendous! so have to get that worked out. Some Listers were air cooled as well.

I'm about as much of a skin-flint as you can find. Tractor supply houses like central tractor or tractor supply are good for guages, hoses, belts, some ignition parts, wire rope, lights, screws, bolts... ignition switch from moyer? 39.00, from tractor supply, 12.99

oh, all kinds of stuff... and riding crops to keep surly crew members in line too.

Perkins parts? Get friendly with your local Ford/NewHolland farm-industrial dealer. Most Ford farm diesel tractors in the 60's, 70's and 80's had Perkins as powerplants. In a pinch, try a Massey-Ferguson dealer.

Alternator or starter shot? God forbid you go to balmor or API, or someplace nuts like that. Almost every city has a few "auto-electric" repair shops. These guys are men among boys. I don't care if its a motorola, leece-neville, prestolite, delco, or kamakazi, they've got the stuff to fix you up. And it won't cost you a down payment on that condo in Bali either.Starter solenoid from moyer, 53.00, from NAPA, 9.79

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs

Last edited by cardiacpaul; 10-26-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to cardiacpaul For This Useful Post:
ampro (09-30-2013)