SailNet Community - View Single Post - Composting Marine Heads
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007
I'm the FNG still...

Lancer28 is on a distinguished road
Well, it is poo.... no matter how you look at it, dried or wet, powdered or fresh squeezed. They also say you shouldn't have to empty it for years if you were so inclined, which was why I mentioned years of it.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy not bagging it to take home to a garden. Cavemen pooped in the water and washed off, I bet. Fish poop in the water, land animals and fowl poop there too. Why is people poop so much worse, that I would need to bag it up and cart it home in the trunk of our Benz or Subaru? Fertilizer can be bought from a store, and if it was the money saving issue, you can compost in your own backyard in most municipalities.

With that said, I'm sure there is a market for the toilet with people who don't want to put two holes for a head in the hull, have to move the boat from it's slip to go to the pumping station or actually sail it and dump the head tank, or simply feel like the composting idea is contributing to the green world.

Bottom line IMO, to each their own!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook