SailNet Community - View Single Post - Loosing sleep over this
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
I'd go in a heart beat and live on my Gemini, my wife even agrees it's big enough at 34.5x14 ft. Our yahoo group has many many couples that are. We both have occupations that are transportable to anywhere with an internet connection.
What holds us back is the FACT that her mother is 93, and given modern medicine that means my wife will need financial support for at least 40 more years, so we keep the house, jobs etc. I don't expect I'll survive to get my first soc sec check (I've got issues, see other posts). Of course grandkids would bring us back from time to time, but that's doable.
I've spent most of my life in less space than a 30 footer provides; if more space is needed I just go outside and lookaround. Housekeeping is so much easier on a boat too - we have a maid and a lawnservice to 'help' around the house given our busy schedules but I do all the cleaning and maintenance on the boat with joy and happiness (go figure).
Do it while you can, and most importantly while you can still rebuild if its not for you.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook