SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bought a Brewer 40 Pilothouse
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough
Thanks everyone, we are really anxious to get it home. I'll post some pics after we get done with it, it needs some much needed TLC. I've got it scheduled to go into the paint/fiberglass/wood shop around the first of the year, so by February it should be looking pretty nice!

Faster- It is like our NS 34, only on steroids. It was built as a bluewater boat and has been all over the South Seas. Started out in Seattle and now is coming home. The teak decks are actually in good shape, but I don't know if I want to risk leaks in our famously damp climate.

Valiente- you are right, a bridge deck is important. In addition to the folding lower doors there are also boards that can be fit into the slot and secured semi-permanently.

Moonfish- Hi neighbor, we will be keeping it at Blakely Is. Hope to see you out there in the islands sometime.

Gui- Polish? Yeah, you are right, the whole boat needs a lot of polish. Give me a couple of months, you won't recognize it. And we are going to have some fantastic voyages on it.

John

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook