SailNet Community - View Single Post - Loosing sleep over this
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
The health issues are cardiac related (multiple heart attacks) and strokes (multiple). Strength wise, no problem - I exercise hard and long. I'm not medically able to detach and go without the very real risk of leaving her stranded with a former skipper, now lump of meat as her crew. My last stroke was minor with no discernible lasting effects but occured two weeks ago 2 hours after pulling in from a three day weekend on Swan Creek. It left me weak, confused and unable to speak coherently for about 6 hours - not something you want when you are on blue water. Our old boat she could sail, the new one, she hasn't yet but likely could, well enough for the local area.
On the other hand, I have my dream boat, sail every weekend and on Tuesday we are departing for 3 weeks in the BVI and Cancun. Life ain't so bad.
Financially, we'll go when she's ready, she does want to and we are working towards it. Ditching the house is not an option in todays market, it would be a significant loss. I signed on for the life time obligation and part of that is making sure she's okay after I'm gone.
Yeah, she's aware - she's my partner in all things and would do the same for me.
Hi jack completed _ sorry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook