SailNet Community - View Single Post - Loosing sleep over this
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
If you are going to Live aboard, do it because of the lifestyle change. Do not do it because of the financial implications. It is not as easy as you think. Even little things like where to put your clothes, how to iron your clothes, and cooking a meal that basically takes over the whole boat are big obsticals. Does the boat become smaller? Yes. It does, but you learn to live within those confines and it is not that bad. However, showering and going to the john are a little frustrating - as is the pumpouts and mildew, etc. Sorry, I am not trying to be crude, I am just being realistic on the changes you will face.

I am not trying to dissuade you from pursuing it. Just think how big your backyard will be! It is sunsets and margaritas sometimes, but it is also just plain old life and it will follow you from house to boat to RV or wherever you live.

I agree - go for it... but you may want a different boat and one that you are very comfortable on. I say this, but others do it on less. It is a change of lifestyle and not a financial benefit. You might even find you spend more money living aboard than at your house (eating out, fixing stuff, etc).

Still, if you are looking for a change of lifestyle where you are not only closer to nature but a part of it, then it is the right decision.

- Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook