SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electrical upgrade
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Question Electrical upgrade

The time has come. I have three-three year old group 27s, two house, one starter, and they are washed up. I also have a Mariner 35amp charger. The whole system is kind of rinky dink with no way to monitor anything. Basically set up for a daysailor that didn't use the boat much. Lets say in the near future I plan to do some short term cruising, maybe a week at the longest, and some weekends. Not much time on the hook, probably lots of time wired at the dock. I don't have a lot of electronics, yet. I've got the fridge, water heater, and electrosan as the biggest draw. Lets say in the near future I will add a gps chartplotter, radar, TV, laptop, maybe some other small electronics.
What I would like is new batteries(maybe another house battery), a better charger, possibly inverter, and a way to monitor it all. Go ahead, have at it. Give me your recs on the top of the line down to the miser brand, sizes, and best place to buy them.
I am not electronically inclined(I can work on my own house wiring) and will have someone else do it, but I want to know what it all means and how to use and install properly in case I need to work on it.

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 11-02-2007 at 03:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook