SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electrical upgrade
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
I guess I'll join in with bestfriend. My boat has 4 bats.. 2-12 volt and 2-6 volt golf cart Trojans. Original alternator. volt meter is shot, the battery charger works. big switch with "1, both, all"

OH! what does "group" mean about batteries? like "group 27" I have the sailboat electrics book but still get somewhat confused on battery stuff. I have lots of help in my boat club.

My hopes are to eventually get 2 -15 watt solar panels, a solar controller, new alternator. (I think the one inboard is 70 amp) Battery monitor and meters. Also diodes, and all that stuff to protect things make it more reliable.

I'll get the batteries checked. (every one says "you only need 2!" I say: "it has 4!" they say.. and it goes on. sheese..

oh I just read some of the FAq's..

forgot to say that I should make sure what I have is working right! I will replace/solder all battery terminals and or cables first!

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deniseO30; 11-02-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: oops!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook