SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat length LOA or ??
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007

deepblueme is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the advice Cam, I have been lurking here for about a year now and you guys really are a big help to the newbie/dreamer crowd.

I've been looking at ALOT of different 29-31 footers in and out of my price range mostly at shoal draft, fractional rigs with newer diesels. I am a fair hand at a diesel we pulled one in a 28' foot dive boat I worked on and rebuit it from the pan up, have worked on alot of friends hotrod rebuilds, I'm not arfraid to get grease under my nails...
I even have a fair bit of sea time under my feet (198days, 22 Gulf Stream crossings as crew on a Live aboard dive boat, 65ft sloop sailing the Bahamas) seen alot of things that can/will go wrong in the Gulf Stream, dirty fuel, torn sails, pop up storms, hydrulic hose to steering breaking my favorite repair so far.

That said I will still be having a FULL survey done hull,rig and engine after reading about all the horror stories out there.
Hopefully I'll be out there within the next 2 years, I gave my self till I was 46 to have "MY" Bahamas boat.

Thanks again to everyone here at Sailnet.

Last edited by deepblueme; 11-02-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook