SailNet Community - View Single Post - westsail 32
Thread: westsail 32
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
westsail 32

I have never been completely certain about the Crealock connection. Depending on whose version you believe Crealock supposedly redrew Atkin''s lines using Atkin''s offsets and then raised the sheer, reworked the rig and ballasting and developed the original Westsail interior. Some versions mention Paul Johnson as well. So I am sure where he really fits in.

To me it''s a little like a Lawley dinghy I helped to build some years ago. The owner wanted the boat to row better in a chop than the original 9''6" (I believe) foot Lawley. So I added several inches between each station and rolled the bow outboard to deflect spray a bit. The completed boat was nearly 11 feet. long and had a more graceful stem than the nearly plumb bow of the original Lawley. I also designed a Sliding Gunther rig for her. Yet, we always referred to her as the Lawley Dinghy because I did not design her if you see what I mean.

Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook