SailNet Community - View Single Post - cruise destinations
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002

pirateofcapeann is on a distinguished road
cruise destinations

Yarrum:

I may be wrong but I think you’re missing the point. The idea here is to be self-sufficient and not need another’s resources. The name of this game is to go and explore your world, be it half way around the globe or half way across the harbor, and to find the answers to your questions by yourself, first hand. If I were to give you the answers, I would be taking away from you the very core reason for cruising: the magic of finding! I’ll tell you this, one of the toughest finds in that area is going to be finding seclusion!

I’d recommend the Cruising Guide to the New England Coast or, as it’s respectfully referred to, the Duncan and Ware, after it’s authors. There are also the Waterway Guides. These will help you find what you may need, when you need it, but by all means, do not take them as all-inclusive. I’d also recommend a “bullet proof” anchoring system, part of which is the ability to properly use it!

A little further up the coast, we refer to the art of finding little used and out of the way anchorages, as “gunk-holing”. I could tell you of a hundred neat little places to lay your hook, but better yet, I hope you’ll find them for yourself.

Welcome!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook