SailNet Community - View Single Post - Head sail plastic "track" replacement
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecs123 View Post
SD.. I'm sorry my "Marine English" is poor as you can see... I struggle to make myself understood, I'm from Mexico and do my best, but marine parts are tougher...
Not a problem, Alecs. I wish my Spanish, or any other non-English language, was as good as your English .

That being said: For God's sake, whatever you do, don't call a block or sheave a "pulley!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecs123 View Post
Just to keep on the original post theme... zz4, if your head sail furler is compromised why just not rig your boat in the original set up?
He doesn't have a furler. He's got a Tuff Luff headsail track system. It has two tracks in which a bolt rope rides. The advantage is primarily for racing, as you can raise a second headsail inside the one that's already up, then, after the tack, drop the old sail. This way you always have a headsail up.

The disadvantage to that system is that, as you drop the headsail, nothing's holding the luff on the boat. More difficult when you're short-handed and have only one person on the foredeck gathering-up the sail.

To change to a "traditional" hanked-on system, he'd have to have hanks installed on all his headsails.

Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook