SailNet Community - View Single Post - Input Needed for New Crewed USVI Charter Cmpany
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002

JET PILOT is on a distinguished road
Input Needed for New Crewed USVI Charter Cmpany

I was looking recently at crewed charter boats in the USVI area, and found very few under 42 feet. The boats I found were old didn''t look very appealing. My plans are as follows... to open a crewed charter company with a brand new C&C 110 Epress (36 feet). The boat is equipped with Kevlar/mylar sails, and is a true performance cruiser.

I need opinions to the folowing questions:

1)Is this boat too small for a crewed charter for a couple, or a couple and their children? There is only one head aboard and it will have to be shared. Only the Aft birth will be available for use, as the crew will be in the foward v. The children will have to sleep on the 2 settee births.

2)At Approx $4000,00 all inclusive per week with a captain and cook, and all alcohol, is the boat above what the market is willing to spend.

3)Do most cruise charter customers travel with another couple? Am I missing the market with only facilities for one couple?

4) Am I offering a different experience of sailing a new high performance yacht, and is there a market wanting to take advantage of it?

Thanks for any insight you may offer.

JET
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook