SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing Shroud Lines
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002

RookieHunter is on a distinguished road
Replacing Shroud Lines

I have always heard horror stories about replacement parts and "gouging" by boat repair shops. I thought this was interesting and tell me if it represents normal boat part experiences. I had a faulty shroud line damaged in a tropical storm by the previous owner. I wanted to replace both upper and lower shrouds on both sides to prevent having new rigging pulling against old rigging, etc. I sent off to rigging manufacturer via Fed-ex last Thursday the good upper and lower rigging from one side. They called on Monday (today) and will have all four lines ready to go tomorrow for under $95.00 and will be at my home on Wednesday. I will end up spending nearly as much in shipping because of my "need it now" attitude than the shrouds will cost.

I don''t think this is a place to post manufacturers and advertisement or it would create a spam filled site, but if you are interested in the name of the company email me. By then I will have the shrouds in my hand and tell you if the quality is as good as the prompt service.

hunterrookie@cox.net
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook