SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising Georgian Bay
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007

scottbr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianseamonkey View Post
Those prices are quite isolated to that region of Georgian Bay. It's only a few hours north of Toronto and is considered the richmans paradise. The average price of a cottage is over million dollars as well and most of them have helicoper pads. As you get further north or west the prices become affordable...about one 1/4 of the price.
WOW, I'll have to tell my friends there 100 yr. old cottage is worth triple its actual value, and next time I'm over there, I'll have to look much harder for that helicopter pad

MOST of the prices in this region are well below $1.0M and very few have helicopter pads. Perhaps you've been sailing in Lake Muskoka where the prices are closer and above the $1.0M mark. Goldie Hawn has a cottage on that lake. Saw a wirte up on one cottage being built last year that had hit $8.0M and was not 100% finished yet. He still had to install the water slide form the cottage down to the lake.

The marina prices are the same in Collingwood & Meaford as they are in this region. I don't pay the price as quoted in the article, about $250 less, as we're out on a dock and not parked at shore. The farthest docks from shore are even less for walking a little more. There are marinas that have fewer services, and more self-serve that are slightly cheaper as well.

Last edited by scottbr; 11-09-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook