SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Yanmar Exhaust Elbow

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  RichH 
#1 ·
I am searching for Yanmar part #129171-13550, a mixing elbow for a Yanmar 3JH2-TE. I thought the hard part would recovering from the shock of the quote I was given for the work to be done. Once I wrapped my mind around that and gave the go-ahead, I found that there were no such animals in the US pipeline. There are apparently a couple in Europe at more than twice the US price. Any suggestions for locating one gathering dust on someone's shelf?

#8 ·
If you have room in your engine space, you can construct a DIY injection elbow from: Yanmar manifold adapter (flanged to manifold with 1.5" dia. threaded outlet) --> 1.5" black iron pipe nipple' --> 1.5" black iron 90° elbow --> 1.5" long pipe nipple ---> 1.5" black iron 90° elbow --> 1.5" black iron close nipple --> Westerbeake (aluminum) injection nozzle used for dry stack heat risers; all wrapped in steam pipe lagging to help contain the heat.

Most of the 'larger' Yanmar distributors seem to favor the Westerbeak injection elbow for application to 'dry stack' exhaust modifications, and usually have them under their parts counter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.