SailNet Community - View Single Post - Multi-Hull vs Mono-Hull Sailboats?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007

terryjoe is on a distinguished road
Thanks Everyone!

I appreciate everyone's responses and recommendations.

I am just looking at options. I have always wanted to sail so when I was diagnosed with kidney cancer in 06 and spending 2 1/2 months in the hospital and 3 surgeries my wife asked if I wanted to live aboard when we retire. I am still fighting the disease and sometimes it's hard. However, I am living a dream.

One on of the sails we went on earlier this year we hit about 7 knots and the boat healed substantially. My wife was so scared she wouldn't look up from the floor in the cockpit. Myself, I felt like I was opening up presents at Christmas time but she was so scared I didn't know if she would go out again. It was the most fun I have had in a long time. A friend of ours told us when we came back in to the docks I was beaming ear to ear and she looked as if she had just been through hell.

More recently, we did go out again and had a more comfortable sail. She really enjoyed herself this time. We have modified the boat quite a bit in the seven months we have owned it to include installing Lazy Jacks this last week. Looking forward to getting out more often.

Can anyone tell me what a "Staysail Spinnacher" is and what/when it is used for? It is one of the sails in the sail inventory. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook