SailNet Community - View Single Post - Multi-Hull vs Mono-Hull Sailboats?
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 11-11-2007 Thread Starter
Thanks Everyone!

I appreciate everyone's responses and recommendations.

I am just looking at options. I have always wanted to sail so when I was diagnosed with kidney cancer in 06 and spending 2 1/2 months in the hospital and 3 surgeries my wife asked if I wanted to live aboard when we retire. I am still fighting the disease and sometimes it's hard. However, I am living a dream.

One on of the sails we went on earlier this year we hit about 7 knots and the boat healed substantially. My wife was so scared she wouldn't look up from the floor in the cockpit. Myself, I felt like I was opening up presents at Christmas time but she was so scared I didn't know if she would go out again. It was the most fun I have had in a long time. A friend of ours told us when we came back in to the docks I was beaming ear to ear and she looked as if she had just been through hell.

More recently, we did go out again and had a more comfortable sail. She really enjoyed herself this time. We have modified the boat quite a bit in the seven months we have owned it to include installing Lazy Jacks this last week. Looking forward to getting out more often.

Can anyone tell me what a "Staysail Spinnacher" is and what/when it is used for? It is one of the sails in the sail inventory. Thanks again!
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome