SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dream of Sailing as a living
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007

brianbsalty is on a distinguished road
long cruise -- desired in the next few years

Hi, Everyone !
I am new to this site, I am also new to the sailing world(not totally) . Though I am not unfamiliar with the open water . I have spent my fair share weeks COMMERCIAL FISHING . I am living in the out skirts of New Orleans, Louisiana now . Now days I run a construction small(small company big head aches) . Since the hurricanes in 2005 I have managed to pay off my house I lived in before and purchase in full the one I am living in now(nothing fancy just home). In the mean time I bought a boat it's a, 44 gulf star ketch . I have now got this burning desire to get as far away from this place as possible(no offence to home town) I just want to see so much of the world . My number one desire is to sail to the Philippines . I am just worried about cost of living ! I would like some in put on this once gone I wound not have any income though I am sure that I would rent both my homes out . I am still not sure if that would be enough income to survive . Another thing that has me pondering is the threat of "Pirates at Sea" some of my freinds tell me that if I plan on traveling I better travel along with several boats because solo is unsafe in the open waters . I know I am new to this so any advise will be taken in full
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook