SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gross problem
Thread: Gross problem
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 11-13-2007
Semper Gumby
Send a message via MSN to GySgt
Originally Posted by HoffaLives View Post
Are you kidding? People might think I'm a whiner, but without resorting to hyperbole, I don't think we have gone longer than a week without something major going wrong. Most of the time I just have at 'er and keep my mouth shut.

I've never heard of anything like this, and while I'm not superstitious, it's like there's a curse aboard. Seriously. I'm a rational dude, but I don't know how to explain the continuous series of disasters/near disasters/problems that have followed us onto this boat. It's not like I haven't owned boats before and I know the work they require, but for every day I fix something, tomorrow two more things will go wrong.

I've never experienced anything like this. We all go through unlucky patches but this one has lasted 4.5 months, thousands of dollars and I'm running out of money and stamina. Since last Friday my power cord gave it up, my NEW depth sounder gave up the ghost, my internet connection no longer works, and my plumbing discharge system is plugged (just as the holding tank filled).

People laugh and I try laughing with 'em but it's damned hard.
Anyway, you brought it up. Just had to get that off my chest.
Maybe we should rename HoffaLives to Lucky. Although the discharge system does sound like is going to be a $h1tty job

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Sir Winston Churchill
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome