SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marina's in Toronto
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007

TheStorm is on a distinguished road
PCYC is fixed at 13 spots for this winter, all of which are full right now, you do have to be a member and it’ll go on a seniority basis if ever they have more Live-Aboards than winter slips. Whether or not they continue to allow winter Live-Aboards and/or the number of slips available will be reassessed every year. It has outstanding facilities.

Port Credit Harbour Marina (PCHM) has the most winter Live-Aboards, around 40 this year. In the olden days they had over 80, but the number has been dwindling over the years. It has an outstanding location in the heart of the village and walking distance to everything – bars, restaurants, train, bus, etc. Getting a slip there isn’t a problem.

Marina Quay West has about 25 or so, you will be placed on a waiting list but the list isn’t very long, although the wait time does depend on boat size. Its facilities are somewhere between PCYC and PCHM but if you work downtime or want to live downtown, you can’t beat its location.

I don’t know how many boats winter at Bluffers these days but from what I saw last year I’d guess about the save as Marina Quay West. It should be fairly easy to get a slip there but the location isn’t great unless you happen to work in the area. Facilities are okay.

There are also about five boats that winter in Hamilton, along the wall next to the Macassa Bay Yacht Club. The facilities are poor but the people who winter there seem happy enough. Both Mimico and Lakeshore Yacht Clubs allow a very limited number of boats, too, but you need to be members for 2-years and the limited spots are awarded based on seniority. That's all I know of between Bluffers and Hamilton, and I'd guess that 200 would be a bit high. Probably around 125 boats or so in total.

-The Storm
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook