SailNet Community - View Single Post - Outfitting C36 for passagemaking
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAlyea View Post
I'm thinkin' minimum passage from So Cal to Hawaii and maximum passage from Miami to England .... so something on the order of 4 to 6 weeks time at sea.
Thanks to all for all the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike,

It is the wrong boat. Sorry. Buy a Tayana 37 for that run. It will not be much more money upfront and the in the end will likely be less money.

People have done it... it has been done many times. If you are serious that this is the only boat you would consider doing it, I will put some thought into it. I just hope it is not intended to be an academic excercise on my part. WHy THAT boat?? 80's-90's will get you a T-37 that will be close to making that trip and outfitting a c36 at 60k may cost you more than that.

I am not trying to be difficult, honetsly. I am just trying to understand. PM me if you would like or we can discuss over the phone.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook