SailNet Community - View Single Post - Outfitting C36 for passagemaking
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
MikeAlyea.

The big problem as I see it is you are talking about ocean travel in the higher latitudes. You will get hammerd there is no doubt about it, and to spend a week or weeks pushing through a sea way a light weight production boat will not be fun (not that is ever is) and the odds of sustaining structual damage is very real.
That said, I would seriously consider the C36 capable of a Pacific crossing with the trades at the right time of the year with some basic modifications not rushing or working to a strict timetable. Hey I may just do it myself.
Simon and I have discussed this in some lengths. He knows those lats better than me and can provide some real insight. If he is amenable, you should PM him.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook