SailNet Community - View Single Post - Outfitting C36 for passagemaking
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newporter View Post
She's an 84 cutter rig. No teak on deck all fiber glass. She has 100 gallons of fuel, 100 gallons of water, water maker, solar panels, auto pilot, Monitor wind vane, 6 bank house baterries 748 amps, 1 starter batterie, cruising spiniker, 2 mains, roller furling, 3 anchors 300 feet 3/8 chain rode. Radar, wind, knot and depth finder. New stays in 97, new bottom paint in 06 no blisters. Many extras. Asking mid 90K. Shes been cruising Mexico when I found her in Lapaz. I bought her in 98 with the thought of cruising when retired. Unfortunately personal life issues came about and decide to either sell her or just live aboard. Only sailed her a couple times since owning her so pretty green on the boats performance. She's very clean and well maintained.
Your price isn't out of line. Tayanas are heavy even by my standards, but the absence of teak is going to attract someone who likes the type but has spent five minutes thinking about the upkeep of teak over fibreglass. Good luck selling her and it's too bad you feel you have to. If it's in good condition, it would make a good couples cruiser.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook