SailNet Community - View Single Post - Input Needed for New Crewed USVI Charter Cmpany
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002

tiger122263 is on a distinguished road
Input Needed for New Crewed USVI Charter Cmpany

Hi Jet Pilot,
I just got back from a Yacht delivery to the Moorings in Tortola (BVI) and here are my thoughts to your questions after spending a week there in the Marina asking questions etc.

1) Is a 36 foot boat too small?
Answer: Yes! The majority of the boats at the marina were Beneteau 403s (Three heads and three cabin model at 40 ft)(Also best cost to charter ratio for the Moorings) BTW I helped delivered a Beneteau 473 for them. There were also a lot of Moorings 4500 and 4700 Cats there. I only saw a few Beneteau 362s and one Beneteau 322.
2) Is $4000 too much for fully provisioned charter with capt. and cook? (Hey can I have the job as capt and I can find a cook? Let me know if you need a partner)
Answer: I think its in the ball park but you would need to do some research.
3) Do most charters travel with more than one couple?
Answer: The majority of the folks getting on these charters were with family and other couples. The majority were not bareboats. I found this kind of shocking.
4) Experience of sailing a high performance yacht?
Answer: I think the majority of the charters that I seen were your garden variety boats. I only talked with one couple that rented a bareboat (Beneteau 322) that I would consider racers. I am not sure you have a market here.

Tony Amos
c2xtlaa@aol.com
765 451 3030
317 984 6878
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook